Everyone’s favorite chocolate dessert – now in brownie form! Super fudgy and delicious, these brownies will be a hit with everyone. The perfect brownies are chewy, chocolatey, and have a crackly top. This brownie recipe has all of that, and more!
Chocolate or Cocoa Powder?
For this recipe, you’ll need either cocoa powder or chocolate. I prefer to use chocolate because it gives the brownies a richer flavor. If you use cocoa powder, be sure to use dutch-processed cocoa for the best results.
Choosing The Right Chocolate
When it comes to chocolate, you want to use good quality chocolate. I like to use bittersweet or semisweet chocolate for brownies because I think it gives the best flavor. If you want your brownies to be less sweet, you can use dark chocolate.
Be Selective With Your Cocoa Powder
For the best flavor, be selective with the cocoa powder you use in this brownie recipe. We recommend using a Dutch-processed cocoa powder, which will give the brownies a deeper chocolate flavor. If you can’t find Dutch-processed cocoa powder, any good quality cocoa powder will work.
5 Tips To Achieve The Best Homemade Brownies Ever
1. Use good quality chocolate – This is key for getting that rich chocolate flavor in your brownies. We recommend using dark chocolate with at least 60% cacao.
2. Don’t overmix the batter – Over-mixing can result in tough brownies, so be sure to mix just until the ingredients are combined.
3. Bake in a preheated oven – This will help your brownies bake evenly.
4. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting – This will help them stay together in neat squares.
5. Store in an airtight container – This will keep your brownies fresh and moist.
Be Considerate of Your Baking Time
The bake time for these brownies is important – you don’t want to overbake them or they will be dry. However, you also don’t want to underbake them or they will be too gooey. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (250g), melted
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (75g), sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125g), sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C. Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt, and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Serve these brownies with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- For a richer flavor, you can add 1/2 cup (100 grams) of chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips to the batter.
- For a minty twist, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract to the batter.
Storing SuggestionsThese brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
FAQs Related To Brownies
Can I Use A Different Type Of Chocolate In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate in place of the dark chocolate called for in the recipe. Keep in mind that the sweetness and overall flavor of your brownies will change depending on the type of chocolate you use.
Can I Make These Brownies Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can make these brownies gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour called for in the recipe.
My Brownies Didn’t Turn Out As Expected – What Went Wrong?
There are a few things that could have gone wrong. Be sure to check that your ingredients are fresh, that you didn’t overmix the batter, and that you baked the brownies in a preheated oven. If your brownies are still not turning out as expected, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help troubleshoot!
This brownie recipe is perfect for any occasion! These brownies are super fudgy and chocolatey. Moreover, these will be a perfect sweet gift for any chocolate lover. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try this recipe today!