Wouldn’t it be great to have a delicious chicken parmesan recipe that is easy to follow and doesn’t take hours to make? Well, now you can with this quick and easy chicken parmesan recipe!
This chicken parmesan recipe involves a simple recipe with most ingredients at hand. And it comes together in just 30 minutes, making it a great choice for instant meal preparation.
All About The Classic Chicken Parmesan Recipe
The origin of chicken parmesan is quite unclear. Some say it came from Italy, while others claim it was from the United States. But one thing is for sure; chicken parmesan is now a classic dish that everyone enjoys worldwide.
This dish typically includes chicken breast that is breaded and then fried. Next goes in the topping with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Making this dish at home is relatively easy and doesn’t require much time or effort. So, if you’re looking for an impressive meal to make for your family or friends, look no further than this chicken parmesan recipe!
Tips On Adhering To Ingredient Quality
When it comes to chicken parmesan, quality ingredients are essential. After all, this dish is only as good as the ingredients you use to make it.
- So, when choosing your chicken, select boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as this will help ensure that your chicken is cooked through and not dry.
- As for the tomato sauce, be sure to select a good quality sauce that you would eat on its own, for this will make a big difference in the flavor of your dish.
- When it comes to cheese, fresh mozzarella is always best. But if you can’t find fresh mozzarella, you can use the pre-shredded variety. Just avoid using the pre-sliced mozzarella, as it doesn’t melt as well.
- Always use quality breading when breading your chicken which helps to ensure that your chicken is crispy and not soggy.
- Finally, be sure to use a good non-stick skillet when cooking your chicken, as this will help prevent sticking and make cleanup a breeze.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to create a delicious chicken parmesan dish that everyone will love!
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Electric Oven
- Non-Stick Skillet
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup bread crumbs seasoned
- 0.5 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce or 24-ounce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the egg and coat evenly.
- Place chicken in the bread crumb mixture and coat evenly.
- Arrange chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add it to the skillet with the sauce when the chicken is ready.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is all ready.
- Uncover and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Serving SuggestionsThis chicken parmesan recipe is best with a side of pasta, rice, or potatoes. It also goes well with a side salad or garlic bread.
Storing SuggestionsStore any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FAQs Related To Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Why Do The Chicken Breasts Have To Be pounded Before Coating With The Breadcrumbs?
Pounding the chicken breast before coating it with breadcrumbs helps well with the coating of the chicken. It also helps to tenderize the chicken, making it more flavorful and easier to chew.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Cheese In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in this recipe. However, mozzarella is the most commonly used cheese in chicken parmesan. If you use a different type of cheese, be sure to shred it yourself for the best results.
Why Do I Need To Use A Non-Stick Skillet?
A non-stick skillet is necessary to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan. It also makes cleanup a breeze!
Our chicken parmesan recipe is a perfect version even for a beginner and makes a great meal full of flavor. Try out this dish at your home and enjoy it with your family. Let us know how it turned out in the comments below.