This family favorite snack recipe brings childhood memories to life. It is easy to make, and everyone will love these soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls! Not just that, these cinnamon rolls are perfect for a quick snack or a festive brunch! For cinnamon roll lovers, this recipe would be the Holy Grail!
Picking Up Cinnamon For This Recipe
When it comes down to baking cinnamon rolls, the common ingredient would be ground cinnamon. You could find this in any baking aisle of your local grocery store. But if you want the best flavor for your cinnamon rolls, it is always better to get cinnamon sticks and grind them yourself.
There are two types of cinnamon – Ceylon, and Cassia. Ceylon cinnamon is more expensive and has a milder flavor, while Cassia cinnamon is commonly found in grocery stores. It has a more vibrant flavor and is more affordable.
For this recipe, we will be using Cassia cinnamon sticks. But if you have Ceylon cinnamon sticks, feel free to use them.
Interesting Tips In Getting Your Cinnamon Roll Perfect
- Do not overmix the dough. Overmixing will result in a challenging and chewy cinnamon roll.
- If you want your cinnamon rolls to be softer, add an extra tablespoon or two of milk to the recipe.
- For a more intense flavor, always go for dark brown sugar.
- Preheat your oven before baking the cinnamon rolls. This will help ensure that your cinnamon rolls will be cooked evenly.
- Do not forget to grease your baking pan! This will prevent the cinnamon rolls from sticking to the pan and making a mess.
The Trick For A Softer and a Fluffier Cinnamon Roll
The secret to a soft and fluffy cinnamon roll is in the dough. And the key to getting a perfect dough is to let it rise until it has doubled in size. By doing so, your cinnamon rolls will come out nice and fluffy!
Moreover, be wise in choosing the right baking pan. A good baking pan would be made of glass or metal. Steer clear from using a dark-colored pan, as this will make the bottom of your cinnamon rolls burnt.
- As soon as you have mixed all the ingredients and let the dough rise, it is time to bake your cinnamon rolls! Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Once the oven is preheated, lightly grease your baking pan with butter. You could also use cooking spray if you want to make things easier.
- After that, dust the surface where you will be rolling the dough with flour. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the surface and making a mess.
- Now, it is time to roll out the dough. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a rectangle shape. A dough thickness of 0.5 inches is what you should target.
- After rolling out the dough, spread the softened butter over the surface. Be generous with the butter!
- After that, sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly on top of the butter. Make sure to leave about 0.5 inches border around the edges of the dough.
- Roll the dough from the long edge towards the other long edge. Once you have rolled up the dough, gently pinch the seam to seal it.
- Using a knife with a sharp edge, cut the dough into 12 pieces. Place the cinnamon rolls, cut side up, on the prepared baking pan. Always remember to leave some space between each cinnamon roll.
- Cover the baking pan with a damp towel and let the cinnamon rolls rise for about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake these cinnamon rolls in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- Electric Oven
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz)
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 8 triangles.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush the melted butter on each triangle, then sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up the triangles, starting at the wide end and rolling to the point.
- Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet, and point side down.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix all of the above ingredients for the glaze until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.
- It is best served with a cup of coffee or milk.
- These cinnamon rolls can also be served with whipped cream or ice cream!
Storing SuggestionsThese cinnamon rolls are best served fresh but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before serving.
FAQs Related To Cinnamon Roll Recipe
What Is The Ideal Way To Store Cinnamon Rolls?
Cinnamon rolls are best stored in an airtight container. They can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Can I Freeze Cinnamon Rolls?
Yes, you can freeze cinnamon rolls. Place them in a freezer-safe bag or container, and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How Do I Reheat Cinnamon Rolls?
Reheat these cinnamon rolls in the microwave or oven. To reheat in the microwave:
- Place the cinnamon roll on a plate and heat for 15-20 seconds.
- For the oven, preheat it to 350°F and place the cinnamon roll on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes or until heated through.
This excellent cinnamon roll recipe is ideal for a quick snack or a festive brunch! This recipe is so easy to make; everyone will love these soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls! Try this recipe out, and don’t forget to let us know how you liked it in the comments below! Happy baking!