This famous sweet and sour tequila cocktail is probably one of the all-timers across the globe. It’s perfect for parties, or any time you need a little pick-me-up! Great frozen or on the rocks. The best part is that Margaritas can be served in all sorts of glasses, from traditional to fun and festive.
Origin Of Margaritas
The origin of the Margarita is a bit fuzzy, but there are several stories about how this delicious cocktail came to be. One story says that the Margarita was invented in 1938 by a bartender in Tijuana, Mexico. Another story claims that the Margarita was created in 1948 by a different bartender in Juarez, Mexico. Regardless of its origin, we can all agree that the Margarita is a delicious cocktail that’s perfect for any occasion!
There are countless variations of the Margarita, but some of the most popular include:
- Strawberry Margaritas: Made with fresh strawberries, these Margaritas are perfect for spring and summer parties.
- Chocolate Margaritas: A delicious twist on the classic Margarita, chocolate Margaritas are perfect for any chocoholic.
- Frozen Margaritas: A refreshing and icy twist on the classic Margarita, frozen Margaritas are perfect for a hot summer day.
Tips For A “Never-Fail” Margarita
- Use fresh lime juice, not the stuff from a bottle. It makes all the difference!
- If you’re making frozen Margaritas, use good quality tequila. Cheap tequila will make your Margaritas taste like a frozen slushy.
- Rim the glasses with salt or sugar, whichever you prefer. Wet the rim of the glass with lime juice or water, then dip in salt or sugar.
- If you want a truly authentic Margarita, use Triple Sec instead of Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- Experiment with different types of tequila to find your perfect Margarita. Try a Blanco tequila for a fresh and crisp Margarita, or use a reposado tequila for a smooth and slightly sweet Margarita.
- There are endless ways to make a Margarita, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients until you find your perfect recipe!
- 1.5 ounce tequila
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Triple Sec
- 1 lime wedge
- salt for rimming glass
- sugar for rimming glass
- Rim a margarita glass with salt or sugar.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, lime juice, and Triple Sec.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- For a frozen Margarita, blend all ingredients in a blender with 1 cup of ice. Rim glasses with salt or sugar and garnish with a lime wedge.
- For a tart Margarita, reduce the amount of Triple Sec to 1/2 ounce.
- For a sweet Margarita, increase the amount of Triple Sec to 1 ounce.
- If you prefer, you can use Cointreau or Grand Marnier in place of Triple Sec.
- Serve your Margaritas on the rocks or frozen, with a lime wedge.
- For a festive twist, try rimming the glasses with colored sugar or salt.
- Pair your Margaritas with Mexican food for the ultimate fiesta!
Storing SuggestionsLeftover Margaritas can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
The perfect Margarita is just a few simple ingredients away! Whether you like yours on the rocks or frozen, this classic cocktail is sure to please. So grab some tequila, lime juice, and Triple Sec, and let’s get started!