The meatloaf recipe is a tender and juicy dish that is perfect for a family meal. It is made with ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, and herbs. The result is a delicious and hearty main course that will leave everyone satisfied.
Top Tips For Making The Juiciest Meatloaf
- Make sure to use lean ground beef so that your meatloaf is not too greasy.
- Add some moisture to the mix by adding wet ingredients like milk or tomato sauce.
- Pack the mixture tightly into a loaf pan so that it holds together well.
- Bake the meatloaf at a moderate temperature so that it cooks evenly.
- Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing so that it retains its juices.
Ideal Meat For The Loaf
When it comes to the meat, you have a few options. You can use all beef or a mix of beef and pork. The ratio of lean to fat is important, so make sure to use ground beef that is at least 80% lean.
If you want a more flavorful meatloaf, you can try using ground lamb or turkey. Just keep in mind that these meats can be quite dry, so you may need to add some additional moisture to the mix.
The next important step is to choose your binding agent. This will help to hold the meatloaf together and make sure that it doesn’t fall apart when you slice it.
The most common binding agent is bread crumbs. This will absorb any excess moisture and help to bind the meat together.
If you are avoiding bread crumbs, you can use oatmeal, crackers, or even mashed potatoes. Just make sure that whatever you use is finely ground so that it doesn’t make the meatloaf too dense.
Once you have the basics down, it’s time to start adding some flavor. This is where you can get creative with your meatloaf recipe.
Start by sautéing some onions and garlic in a little bit of oil. Then, add them to the meat mixture along with any other herbs or spices that you like.
Try adding some ketchup, BBQ sauce, or even Worcestershire sauce to the mix for a boost of flavor. You can also add some shredded cheese, diced ham, or cooked bacon to the meatloaf for a delicious twist.
The Best Way To Cook Meatloaf
The best way to cook meatloaf is in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. then, form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape and place it on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake the meatloaf for about 60 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Meatloaf Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, BBQ sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the sauce to the beef mixture and mix until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place it on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, or until cooked through. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
Serving SuggestionsThis meatloaf is deliciously served with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple salad. For a fun twist, try serving the meatloaf on a hamburger bun with plenty of ketchup and mustard.
Storing SuggestionsLeftover meatloaf can be reheated in the microwave or oven. It also makes great sandwiches the next day. Meatloaf can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
FAQs Related To Meatloaf Recipe
There are a few things that you can do to ensure that your meatloaf is moist and juicy. First, make sure to use lean ground beef so that there is less fat. Second, add some moisture to the mix by including wet ingredients like milk or tomato sauce. Finally, pack the mixture tightly into a loaf pan so that it holds together well.
The best way to tell if your meatloaf is done is to insert a digital thermometer into the center of the loaf. The internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes, you can freeze meatloaf. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Frozen meatloaf will keep for up to three months.
This scrumptious meatloaf recipe is perfect for a family meal. Made with ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, and herbs, this juicy and flavorful dish will leave everyone satisfied.