This lovely oat dish is easy to make and lovely when hot or cold. It’s a great way to start your day! Moreover, overnight oats are healthy and ideal for people who are always on the go.
Why Opt For Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are undoubtedly a healthier option than processed oatmeal that you find on the market. It is also a lot more filling since oats are rich in fiber.
For people living with Celiac disease, this is a gluten-free breakfast option that will not trigger any adverse reaction.
Picking The Perfect Oats For This Recipe
There are various types of oats that you can use for this recipe. The most popular ones include rolled oats, steel-cut oats, and quick oats.
- Rolled Oats – These are the most common oats that people use. They are also the best choice for this recipe as they have a chewy texture.
- Steel-Cut Oats – These oats are less processed and have a nuttier flavor. They also take a little longer to cook as compared to rolled oats.
- Quick Oats – These oats are the most processed type of oats. They also have a softer texture as compared to rolled oats.
Overnight Oat Variations
There are many different ways that you can enjoy your overnight oats. You can add fruits, yogurt, nuts, and seeds to customize it according to your taste.
Here are some of our favorite variations:
- Fruit and Yogurt Overnight Oats – This is a classic combination that never fails. You can use any fruit that you like.
- Banana and Chocolate Overnight Oats – This is a delicious and indulgent variation perfect for chocolate lovers.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats – This is a fun twist on the classic PB&J sandwich. It’s perfect for kids and adults alike!
Overnight oats are a healthy and delicious breakfast option perfect for busy mornings. Give this recipe a try and enjoy your oats in a new way!
Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 0.5 cup yogurt
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit optional
- Dried fruit optional
- Nuts optional
- Seeds optional
- Combine the rolled oats, milk, yogurt, banana, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix well and transfer to a jar or container.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Give the oats a good stir, and add your desired toppings in the morning.
- Serve cold or heated up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Fresh fruit
- Dried fruit
Storing SuggestionsOvernight oats will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Reheating SuggestionsOvernight oats can be enjoyed cold or heated up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
FAQs Related To Overnight Oats Recipe
What Are The Benefits Of Overnight Oats?
There are many benefits of overnight oats. They are a healthy and filling breakfast option for busy mornings. Overnight oats are also easy to make and can customize to your taste.
What Type Of Oats Should I Use For This Recipe?
The best type of oats to use for this recipe is rolled oats. They have a chewy texture and are the most common oats that people use.
Can I Add Fruits To My Overnight Oats?
Yes, you can add fruits to your overnight oats as it is a great way to customize the flavor and add more nutrients to your breakfast.
This overnight oats recipe is a winner for a perfect go-to breakfast option! Easy to make and customizable according to your taste, give this recipe a try and enjoy your oats in a new way.