Popular as a top-rated dish, this pasta salad is a healthy and flavorful option for your next picnic or potluck. With just the right amount of zing from the vinegar and a touch of sweetness from the sugar, this dish is perfect for any summer gathering!
What Goes In The Pasta Salad?
As far as the classic pasta salad ingredients go, you will have to be selective in several things.
Pick a flavorful pasta and one that will hold up well to the other ingredients. A good option is the rotini pasta, a type of pasta with many twists and turns that allows it to grip onto the dressing and other ingredients better than different types of pasta.
The key to a great pasta salad is a flavorful dressing. For this recipe, we recommend using a vinaigrette dressing. This dressing is a type of dressing made with oil and vinegar. It is essential to use extra virgin olive oil in this dish, as it will add a lot of flavors. You will also need to use good-quality vinegar. We recommend using apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar.
You can use any type you like as far as the vegetables go. We usually opt for cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions. You could also add in some carrots, peppers, or even broccoli. The
the sky is the limit!
For the cheese, we recommend using shredded mozzarella cheese. Shredded cheese will add a lot of flavor and creaminess to the dish. You could also use Parmesan cheese if you prefer.
We like to add a few extras to our pasta salad. One is some chopped-up bacon that takes the dish to the next level! You could also add some crumbled-up feta cheese or chopped-up olives.
- One tip we have for you is to cook the pasta al dente, which means you should cook it until it is tender. Don’t forget to give it a good stir before serving! If you overcook the pasta, it will become mushy and not hold up well in the salad.
- Another tip is to let the pasta salad sit for at least an hour before serving to let the flavors meld together, and the pasta will have time to absorb the dressing.
Pasta Salad Recipe
- Large pot
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 bacon strips cooked and diced
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mozzarella cheese, and bacon strips. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serving SuggestionsTry adding chopped-up grilled chicken or shrimp for a fun twist to make the dish even more filling and satisfying!
Storing SuggestionsStore the pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FAQs Related To Pasta Salad Recipe
Do I Have To Use Rotini Pasta?
No, you can use any pasta you like. Just choose one that will adhere well to the dressing and other ingredients.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Cheese?
Yes, you can use any cheese you like. We think shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese works best in this dish.
Do I Have To Use Apple Cider Vinegar?
No, you can use any vinegar you like. We think apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar adds the best flavor to the dish.
This pasta salad recipe is a healthy and flavorful option for your next picnic or potluck. It is perfect for any summer gathering! Also, this pasta salad is a great side dish for any summer BBQ or picnic. It would also be a great main course for a light lunch. Try it out and let us know how it turned out!