Potato salad is a great side dish for a summer BBQ or picnic. This potato salad recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. Potato salad is good for health as they are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
The Secret To Making The Best Potato Salad Ever!
To make the best potato salad, you need to start with the right potatoes. For this recipe, you’ll need to use waxy potatoes that will hold their shape and not turn mushy when cooked. Yukon gold or red potatoes are both good choices.
You’ll also need to cook the potatoes properly. Be careful not to overcook them as they will become mushy and fall apart. Boil the potatoes until they are just tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
Once the potatoes are cooked, it’s time to add in the other ingredients. For this recipe, we’ve used mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, celery, red onion, and dill pickles. You can add or remove any of these ingredients to suit your taste.
Once all of the ingredients are mixed, give the potato salad a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. You may need to add a little more salt, pepper, or mustard.
Potato salad can be served immediately or chilled in the fridge for an hour or two.
Potato Salad Variations
There are many different ways that you can change up this recipe to suit your taste.
- For a lighter potato salad, you can use Greek yogurt or sour cream in place of the mayonnaise.
- If you want a bit more of a kick, you can add in some chopped pickled jalapeños or use spicier mustard.
- For a vegetarian potato salad, you can leave out the eggs.
- You can also add in other vegetables such as carrots, green beans, or peas.
- And finally, if you’re looking for a little more flavor, you can try using roasted potatoes instead of boiled potatoes. Simply toss the potatoes with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper before roasting in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Listen to our podcast on your favourite platforms: