Quiche is a famous French dish with a variety of different ingredients. This recipe uses a combination of eggs, milk, and cheese to create a delicious and rich quiche that is perfect for any meal.
What Is Quiche?
Quiche is a French dish typically consisting of eggs, milk, and cheese baked in a pastry crust. Quiche is often served as a main course or as a side dish. The recipe will be great with various ingredients, including meats, vegetables, and even fruits.
How Do You Make Quiche?
You will need a pie dish or tart pan, eggs, milk, cheese, and your desired fillings to make quiche. The first step is to blind bake the crust by lining it with parchment paper and filling it with pie weights or dried beans. Then, you will add the eggs and milk to the crust and mix in the cheese and fillings. Finally, you will bake the quiche until it is firm and golden brown.
What Are Some Common Quiche Ingredients?
Various ingredients go in the recipe to make quiche. Common quiche ingredients include meats, ham or bacon, vegetables, such as spinach or mushrooms, and cheeses, like Swiss or Gruyere.
How Do You Serve Quiche?
Quiche is best when hot or cold. It is typically served as a main course but would be great as a side dish—store quiche in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The Pie Crust
Start the recipe with the pie crust. Both homemade and store-bought crusts will work for this recipe. Thaw it before beginning the recipe if you are using a store-bought crust.
- 9-inch pie dish or tart pan
- 1 pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Your desired fillings see below for some ideas
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish or tart pan with the pie crust.
- Blind bake the crust by lining it with parchment paper and filling it with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in your desired fillings.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the quiche is firm and golden brown.
- Allow cooling for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serving SuggestionsServe quiche hot or cold. Some serving suggestions include:
- Sliced fruit
- Roasted potatoes
- Bacon or sausage
- Cheeses, such as Swiss or Gruyere
FAQs Related To Quiche Recipe
Is Homemade Quiche Better?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It all comes down to personal preference. Some people prefer the taste of homemade quiche, while others prefer store-bought quiche. There is no correct answer, so it all comes down to what you like.
How Long Does Quiche Last?
Quiche can last in the refrigerator for up to three days. However, it is best if eaten within the first two days.
What Can I Serve With Quiche?
Various dishes can be served along with quiche. Some popular options include salad, roasted vegetables, and fruit.
I hope you enjoyed this quiche recipe. Quiche is an excellent dish for any meal and can be customized to fit your taste. Have no doubt to give this recipe a try during weekends and unexpected gatherings. Surprise your guests!