Everyone’s favorite rice Krispie treat is a classic dessert easy to make. It’s an excellent option for those who are avoiding gluten. This recipe uses just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
What Is Rice Krispie Treat?
Rice Krispie Treat is a dessert made with Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal, butter, and marshmallows. The mixture is melted together and then pressed into a pan to cool. Once it’s cooled, the Rice Krispie treat can be cut into squares and enjoyed.
There are many variations of rice Krispie treats, but the classic recipe is always a hit. You can add chocolate, peanut butter, or other flavors. Or, you can keep it classic and enjoy the delicious taste of the Rice Krispie treat.
Be Creative With Your Rice Krispie Treat
Enjoy endless possibilities when it comes down to the Rice Krispie treat. Get creative and add your personal touch to this classic dessert. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add some chocolate. The chocolate and rice Krispie treat is a match made in heaven. Melt some chocolate chips into the mixture or drizzle chocolate on the cooled rice Krispie treat.
- Peanut butter is another excellent addition to the Rice Krispie treat. Add some peanut butter to the mixture or make a peanut butter and chocolate version.
- For a fun twist, add some sprinkles to the mix. The colorful sprinkles will add some fun and excitement to this classic dessert.
- You can also get creative with the shape of your Rice Krispie treat. Use cookie cutters to try out fun shapes by pressing the mixture into a silicone mold.
Remedies If Your Rice Krispie Treat Is
If your rice Krispie treat is too dry, you can do a few things to fix it.
- First, try adding more butter to the mixture. This will help to moisten the mixture and make it easier to work with.
- If the mixture is still too dry, try adding more marshmallows, making the mixture sticky, but it will be easier to work with.
If your rice Krispie treat is too sticky, you can do a few things to fix it.
- First, try adding more cereal to the mixture as this will help with the moisture by absorbing and making the mixture less sticky.
- If the mixture is still too sticky, you can add some more butter as it will help the mixture to be less sticky and easier to work with.
Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
- Large pot
- Baking Dish
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 0.25 cup butter
- 0.25 cup peanut butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the peanut butter and marshmallows to the pot and stir until combined.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Next, add the cereal and stir until the cereal is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a pot or a microwave-safe bowl over low heat. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the Rice Krispie treat.
- Allow the chocolate to set. Then cut the Rice Krispie treat into squares.
- If the mixture is too sticky, try to add more cereal to the mixture.
- If the mixture is too dry, you can add more butter or marshmallows.
- Serve rice Krispie treat with a glass of cold milk.
- Top rice Krispie treat with whipped cream or ice cream for a fun twist.
Storing SuggestionsStore these rice Krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
FAQs Related To Rice Krispie Treat
Why Should You Add Butter To The Mixture?
Adding butter to the mixture helps moisten the mixture and makes it easier to work with.
What Substitutes Can You Use For Marshmallows?
If you don’t have marshmallows, you can use white chocolate chips or dried fruit.
Can You Freeze Rice Krispie Treat?
Yes, you can freeze Rice Krispie treat. Always make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Rice Krispie Treat is a classic dessert loved by all and produces delicious results. This will surely be a family favorite! It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time.