Aren’t the classic stuffed peppers just the best? This recipe is my take on the classic dish, and I think you’ll love it! These stuffed peppers are always a hit, ideal for an evening or snack! I love how they’re packed with flavor, and they’re always comforting.
What Peppers Are Best for Stuffed Peppers?
I like to use bell peppers for my stuffed peppers recipe. They’re a perfect size, and they hold their shape well. You could also use poblano peppers, which are slightly larger, or even jalapeño peppers if you’re into something with a kick.
Variations on This Recipe
If you’re not a beef lover, you could always substitute ground chicken or turkey. And if you want to make these vegetarian, omit the meat and add in more vegetables. You could also add rice to the filling, or even some quinoa or couscous.
Moreover, if you’re not a fan of bell peppers, you could always use tomatoes, zucchini, or even sweet potatoes. Get creative and try making this dish your own!
The sky’s the limit for stuffed peppers, so have fun with it and experiment until you find a version you love.
The Perfect Stuffing Mixture
The key to the perfect stuffed pepper is in the filling. You want a mixture packed with flavor that will stay moist and juicy. This mixture is guaranteed to be delicious!
Not to worry if you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand! There are a few substitutes that you can use for this recipe.
- For the beef, you could use ground chicken or turkey.
- If you don’t have white rice, you could use brown rice, quinoa, or couscous.
- And if you don’t have any bell peppers, you could use tomatoes, zucchini, or sweet potatoes.
Exciting Tips To Make Your Stuffed Peppers Even More Delicious
The best thing about this dish that I like the most is that it’s so versatile. Personalize by adding any ingredient you like, so don’t be afraid to get creative! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add in some chopped bacon for a smoky flavor
- Try to use different types of cheeses, such as goat cheese or feta
- Add in some chopped up vegetables, such as mushrooms, onions, or celery
- Try mixing in some spices, such as chili powder, cumin, or paprika, for a little bit of heat.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Electric Oven
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 0.5 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 177°C.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Mix ground beef, cheese, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Stuff each pepper with the beef mixture.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish. Next, pour the diced tomatoes over them.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the peppers get tender.
Serving SuggestionsServe with a simple salad, some roasted potatoes, or some steamed veggies. Try serving them with some rice or quinoa on the side.
Storing SuggestionsReheat in the oven. Alternatively, you can microwave until warmed through. Store any leftover stuffed peppers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FAQs Related To Stuffed Peppers Recipe
What Can I Serve With Stuffed Peppers?
There are so many delicious options! I serve mine with a simple salad, some roasted potatoes, or some steamed veggies. You could also serve them with some rice or quinoa on the side.
Can I Make These Peppers Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can! Assemble the peppers and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake them. They’re better when they’re made ahead of time.
How Can I Reheat Stuffed Peppers?
If you have leftovers, place them in a baking dish and reheat them in the oven until they’re warmed through. Also, try reheating with a microwave, but be careful not to overcook them.
Stuffed peppers are the perfect dish for entertaining because they can be made ahead of time, and they’re always a crowd-pleaser. Prepare the peppers, stuff them with the filling, and then bake them when you’re ready to serve. Surprise your guests with your new culinary skills. You’ll see how they’ll be begging you to make this dish again.