Ideal for fish and chips, this delicious tartar sauce recipe is quick and easy to make. Moreover, tartar sauce is a genuine treat when it comes down to dipping your fried seafood in it.
Tartar Sauce Vs. Remoulade Sauce
Tartar sauce is sometimes confused with remoulade sauce. The two sauces are similar, but they have some key differences. Both sauces are mayonnaise-based and contain diced pickles or capers. However, tartar sauce also contains diced onions or shallots; white remoulade sauce usually has a stronger flavor due to the addition of herbs, spices, and other ingredients such as mustard and ketchup.
Key Tips To Making Perfect Tartar Sauce
When making the perfect tartar sauce, there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- First, make sure all of the ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Second, taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- And finally, if you want a smooth sauce, use a food processor or blender to blend all the ingredients.
You can change up this tartar sauce recipe in a few different ways.
- For example, add some chopped hard-boiled eggs for a bit of extra protein.
- You could also use dill pickles instead of sweet pickles for a more savory flavor.
- And if you want a bit of a kick, add in some hot sauce to taste.
Remedies If The Tartar Sauce Gets Too Runny
If your tartar sauce gets too runny, you can do a few things to thicken it up.
- First, you can add in more diced pickles or capers.
- Second, you can mix in some extra shredded cheddar cheese.
- And finally, you can add a spoonful of Dijon mustard.
Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Electric Beater
- Food Processor
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 0.5 cup pickles diced
- 0.25 cup onion or shallot, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender for a smooth sauce.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with fried seafood, such as fish and chips.
- It also goes well with roasted or grilled meats.
Storing SuggestionsTartar sauce will last up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
FAQs Related To Tartar Sauce Recipe
What Can I Use Instead Of Mayonnaise In Tartar Sauce?
If you want to avoid mayonnaise, you could try using plain yogurt or sour cream as a base for the sauce.
Can I Make Tartar Sauce Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make tartar sauce ahead of time. It’s often best to make it a day or two in advance so that the flavors have a chance to meld together.
How Long Does Tartar Sauce Last In The Fridge?
Tartar sauce will last up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
That’s all there is to making this delicious tartar sauce recipe. You can create a tasty sauce or dip for your next meal with just a few simple ingredients. Try this sauce recipe anytime you want to add a little something extra to your meal. Enjoy!