This is a tuna salad recipe where mustard and mayo play well together. The result is a creamy, flavorful salad perfect for sandwiches or as a side dish. This recipe is beyond delicious.
Health Benefits Of Tuna Salad
- Tuna is great for your daily protein and omega-3 fatty acids intake. It is also low in calories and saturated fat. This is great for those concerned about losing weight. The protein in tuna can help build muscle mass.
- The omega-3 fatty acids in tuna are beneficial for heart health. They can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. These fatty acids can also improve brain function and cognitive performance.
- The healthy fats in tuna salad can also help to improve skin health. The omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation, improving skin tone and texture. The protein in tuna can also help boost collagen production, improving the skin’s appearance.
Tuna Salad Over Cooked Tuna?
If you’re worried about over-cooking your tuna, don’t be. Tuna salad is ideal for those who think cooked tuna is dry. The secret is in the dressing. Mayonnaise and mustard-based dressing will keep your tuna moist and flavorful.
Moreover, cooked tuna can get a bit rubbery. This is where canned tuna comes in handy. Canned tuna is already cooked, so all you have to do is add it to the salad.
Canned tuna is also a great option if you’re on a budget. It’s affordable and easy to find in most supermarkets.
What To Serve With Tuna Salad?
Tuna salad is delicious, but it’s also great with other dishes. Check out the below ideas of what you can serve with tuna salad:
- Serve it on top of a bed of greens for a healthy and filling meal.
- Add it to a wrap or sandwich for a quick and easy lunch.
- Serve it with crackers or chips as a tasty appetizer.
- Add boiled eggs, olives, and tomatoes to make a tuna salad Nicoise.
- Add avocado for a creamy and healthy twist.
The possibilities are endless! Get creative and enjoy your tuna salad however you like it.
For a perfect tuna salad, it is essential to use quality ingredients.
- This recipe uses canned tuna, but you can also use fresh tuna. If you are into canned tuna, always drain it well.
- Add some chopped celery and red onion for extra flavor and texture.
- This recipe calls for mayonnaise, but you can also use Greek yogurt or avocado for a healthier option. If you are using Greek yogurt, add a little extra mustard to balance the flavor.
Tuna Salad Recipe Variations
If you want to change up this recipe, here are a few ideas:
- Add in some chopped hard-boiled eggs for extra protein.
- Swap out the mayo for avocado or Greek yogurt.
- Add in some diced apples or grapes for sweetness.
- Mix in a spoonful of Dijon mustard or hot sauce for a little kick.
Tuna Salad Recipe
- Electric Beater
- 1 can tuna drained and flaked
- 0.25 cup celery diced
- 0.25 cup onion diced
- 0.25 cup green pepper diced
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard paste
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- Mix tuna, celery, onion, and green pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add to the tuna mixture and mix until well combined.
- Serve on a bed of greens or in a sandwich.
Serving SuggestionsThis tuna salad is excellent served on a bed of greens, in a sandwich, or as a side dish.
Storing SuggestionsTuna salad can be in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FAQs Related To Tuna Salad Recipe
Can I Make Tuna Salad Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this tuna salad ahead of time. Just keep it refrigerated in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve it.
What Can I Serve With Tuna Salad?
Tuna salad is excellent served on a bed of greens, in a sandwich, or as a side dish.
Can I Freeze Tuna Salad?
Yes, you can freeze tuna salad. Place it in an airtight container and then store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This tuna salad recipe is fantastic for tuna lovers as it is hearty and delicious. Try this over a toast or make your loved one this heartfelt recipe and let us know how it turned out.