Hot Toddy Recipe
This recipe calls for a blend of some of the most traditional ingredients in a hot toddy: whiskey, honey, and lemon. The drink is finished with a touch of spice to give it that extra warmth. Enjoy your toddy by the fire or at a holiday party.
- 1 oz whiskey or rum, or brandy
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 dash cinnamon or nutmeg
In a mug or heat-proof glass, combine the whiskey, honey, and lemon juice.
Stir until the honey is dissolved.
Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.
Fill the mug with boiling water and stir.
- Serve your hot toddy with a slice of lemon, a cinnamon stick, or a small piece of crystallized ginger.
- For an extra special treat, float a scoop of vanilla ice cream in your toddy. The heat from the drink will slightly melt the ice cream and create a delicious creamy beverage.
- If you prefer a non-alcoholic toddy, try substituting apple cider or cranberry juice for the whiskey, rum, or brandy.
Calories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 0.1gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 31mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.2mg