Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This recipe is a perfect combination of sweet and chocolatey, with a classic cookie texture that is both chewy and crispy. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips in this recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want a more intense chocolate flavor, use dark chocolate chips.
- For crispier cookies, use granulated sugar and bake them until they're just set.
- You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips in this recipe.
- Chilling the dough helps to prevent the cookies from spreading too much and becoming flat.
- The goal with chocolate chip cookies is to achieve a balance of chewy and crispy. To get chewy cookies, use soft brown sugar and make sure not to overbake them.
Serve with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot coffee.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Calories: 192kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 99mgPotassium: 19mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 256IUCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg