Sugar Cookies Recipe
These sugar cookies are absolutely delicious and so easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have these cookies ready in no time. Be sure to sift the flour and roll out the dough to get the perfect texture.
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing until just blended.
Roll dough out onto a floured surface. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes. Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet.
Bake until cookies are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a fun twist, try adding different mix-ins to the dough like chocolate chips, sprinkles, or dried fruit.
- You can use any type of cookie cutter you want for this recipe. If you don't have cookie cutters, you can use a glass to cut out circles.
- If you're using store-bought icing, simply follow the instructions on the package.
- Enjoy your sugar cookies with a glass of milk! You can also decorate them with icing and sprinkles for a fun twist.
- To store, place cookies in an airtight container and keep them in a cool, dry place. They will stay fresh for up to 1 week.
Calories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 73mgPotassium: 22mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 256IUCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg