Green Bean Casserole Recipe
This dish is perfect for bean lovers! The creamy sauce and crispy onions on top are irresistible. Experiment with different mushrooms, onions, and cheeses to find your ideal combination.
- 2 cans green beans 15-oz each, drained and rinsed
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 10.5 oz
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided (mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms I used baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red onions sliced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 350°F or 176.7°C.
In a large bowl, mix green beans, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese and all of the chopped mushrooms. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
Top with red onions and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you can't find fresh green beans, you can also use frozen ones. Just be sure to thaw them before using them.
- You can also use white mushrooms or a mix of both.
- You can also add in some shredded cheese to make it extra cheesy.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and roasted chicken for a complete meal.
- Add a green salad on the side for a light and healthy option.
- Pair with a glass of white wine or your favorite beer.
Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until hot and bubbly.
You can also freeze leftovers for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Calories: 226kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 12gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 615mgPotassium: 383mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 912IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 214mgIron: 2mg